Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I have adapted this from Southern Living.
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 (15 ounce) cans cannellini beans, undrained and divided
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, undrained and divided
- 1 (32 ounce) box chicken broth
- 1 (1 1/2 ounce) package vegetable soup mix
- 60 -64 frozen cooked meatballs (you may also use homemade)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes with basil oregano and garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry crushed red pepper
- 8 ounces uncooked tricolor rotini pasta
- 1 cup carrot, diced (optional)
- 1 (10 ounce) bag fresh spinach, torn
- shredded parmesan cheese
- chopped fresh parsley
- Sauté garlic in hot oil in a stockpot over medium-high heat 1 minute. Stir in 2 cans of beans and chicken broth, and bring to a boil.
- Stir in vegetable soup mix until dissolved. Add meatballs, tomatoes, and red pepper, and carrots, return to a boil. Add rotini, and cook, stirring often, 15 minutes.
- Stir in remaining can of beans and spinach; cook 5 more minutes. Garnish, if desired. Serve minestrone with breadsticks.
This soup was so easy and delicious! The only changes I made was to cook the pasta separately since it tends to soak up the liquid, and I only added 30 meatballs because 60 seemed like a lot. It is smells so good when you reheat it that two people at work asked me for the recipe!