Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe makes outstanding meatballs! Got this recipe from a long time family friend.
Make and share this Meatball Dinner recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup soft white bread, torn into small pieces and lightly packed
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 lb hamburger (85%-15%)
- 3 tablespoons onions, diced small
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- frozen vegetables
- Mix together the egg and 1/2 cup milk, pour over the torn up bread in bowl. Then add the hamburger, onions, dried mustard, celery salt, nutmeg, salt and pepper; mix till well combined. Shape into golf ball size meatballs. Dust meatballs lightly in flour. Brown meatballs in about 2 tablespoons Crisco till nicely browned (about10-15 minutes); set aside. In same pan add the 3/4 cup milk with the cream of mushroom soup, cook till smooth and bubbling, stirring constantly. Then add in frozen veggies such as peas and carrots, or whatever you like. Then either add meatballs back into sauce or serve separately for people who don't want sauce. Serve with either boiled potatoes or rice. (may double the sauce recipe if desired).
My husband loved this! I did use whole wheat bread since that's what i have & celery seed since I don't have celery salt, but it really came out great! I also added some garlic powder to the sauce since we're garlic fanatics. Thank you for the recipe!
This was absolutely delicious. I had no celery salt so I just sprinkled a few celery seeds in. I used high fiber bread to up the nutrition. I left out the veggies and served them on the side. I will be making this frequently. Thank you, Livie.