Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This hold a great amount of flavor that will taste the same even after being reheated.
Make and share this Meatball Dinner recipe from Food.com.
- Soften 3 slices bread in 1/2 cup milk; add 1 beaten egg.
- Mix 1 pound ground beef, 3 tablespoons grated onion, 3 tablespoons snipped parsley, 1 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper.
- Combine bread and meat mixtures; form into 18 balls; roll in flour.
- In skillet, brown balls in 2 tablespoons hot shortening; drain off excess fat.
- Add 2 cups tomato juice, 1 cup water, 1/2 cup chopped carrots, 1/2 cup chopped celery, 1 teaspoon kitchen bouquet sauce and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Cover; simmer 45 minutes.
- Serve sauce with rice or mashed potatoes.