Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This hold a great amount of flavor that will taste the same even after being reheated.
- 3 slices bread
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 beaten egg
- 1 lb ground beef
- 3 tablespoons grated onions
- 2 tablespoons snipped parsley
- 2 cups tomato juice
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 1 teaspoon Kitchen Bouquet
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Soften 3 slices bread in 1/2 cup milk; add 1 beaten egg.
- Mix 1 pound ground beef, 3 tablespoons grated onion, 3 tablespoons snipped parsley, 1 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper.
- Combine bread and meat mixtures; form into 18 balls; roll in flour.
- In skillet, brown balls in 2 tablespoons hot shortening; drain off excess fat.
- Add 2 cups tomato juice, 1 cup water, 1/2 cup chopped carrots, 1/2 cup chopped celery, 1 teaspoon kitchen bouquet sauce and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Cover; simmer 45 minutes.
- Serve sauce with rice or mashed potatoes.