Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Easy and simple. Make double the meatballs and freeze for a quick supper another day. Feel free to use canned vegetables if strapped for time.From the Medway Church Cookbook.
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 3 tablespoons cornmeal
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 2 cups tomato juice
- vegetables, of choice cut in 1 to 2 inch pieces
- 4 potatoes, cut in 1 to 2 inch pieces
- 4 carrots, cut in 1 to 2 inch pieces
- 4 medium onions, quartered
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine 1st eight ingredients.
- Form into meatballs, place in greased casserole dish and brown.
- Turn once.
- Drain excess grease if any.
- Arrange vegetables around meatballs.
- Add tomato juice.
- Bake for one hour.
I had meatballs in my freezer and home made tomato sauce. I found your recipe. Must say we loved it and for sure I will be making this again. Thank you so much for posting this really good comfort food. rita