Recipe by bmcnichol
Another family favorite.
Top Review by LonghornMama
Super easy and really good. The kids all ate and enjoyed this, too. I used a 26 oz. jar of sauce, 1 lb 6 oz. of leftover homemade meatballs, and omitted the peppers and onions. Used gemelli pasta, the shape of which I figured was close enough to what the recipe called for. This was in the oven in less than 15 minutes and I was out the door to run carpool for a couple of kids' activities. With the time bake feature on my oven, we came home to dinner hot and waiting for us. Definitely a do-over at my house. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
- 16 ounces spaghetti sauce
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 3 cups uncooked mafalda pasta (mini lasagna nodles)
- 16 ounces frozen peppers and onions (stir fry mixture)
- 1 lb cooked frozen meatballs
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In 2 quart glass baking dish, mix spaghetti sauce and water until blended. Add uncooked noodles, stir-fry mixture and meatballs and stir to coat. Make sure noodles are completely covered with sauce mixture.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bake casserole, covered, for 45 minutes. Uncover, sprinkle with cheese, and bake uncovered 5-10 minutes longer until casserole is bubbly, noodles are tender and cheese is melted.