1/2 Photos of Meatball Bubble Biscuits
These little biscuits have meatballs and cheese inside. Dip them in marinara sauce for a yummy snack. They would even be great as a side with soup. The layer type biscuits work best for this appetizer. I found this recipe in a Pillsbury cookbook. *****UPDATE*****Since posting, I have begun using my own homemade meatballs for this recipe (usually prepared the day before and refrigerated until needed). I had purchased a bag of ready-made meatballs that weren't the best quality and was really unhappy with the results for the appetizer. Just thought I would pass on the info...
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (16 1/3 ounce) can ready-to-bake refrigerated buttermilk flaky biscuits (or other LAYER biscuits)
- 8 frozen cooked italian meatballs, thawed, each cut in half
- 3 ounces mozzarella string cheese, each cut into 6 pieces
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup marinara sauce, heated
- 1Heat oven to 375°F.
- 2Separate dough into 8 biscuits.
- 3Separate each biscuit into 2 layers.
- 4Press each biscuit layer to form a 3-inch round.
- 5Place 1 meatball half, cut side up, and 1 string cheese piece in center of each dough round.
- 6Wrap dough around meatball and cheese, pressing edges to seal.
- 7Place seam side down in single layer in ungreased 8 or 9-inch round cake pan.
- 8Sprinkle evenly with Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning and garlic powder.
- 9Bake at 375°F for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown and biscuits are no longer doughy in center.
- 10Remove from pan.
- 11Serve warm biscuits with warm marinara sauce for dipping.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Meatball Bubble Biscuits
Serving Size: 1 (50 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 103.2
- Calories from Fat 26
- Total Fat 2.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 3.6 mg
- Sodium 308.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 3.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dried Italian seasoning