Recipe by Ms B.
These little biscuits have meatballs and cheese inside. Dip them in marinara sauce for a yummy snack. They would even be great as a side with soup. The layer type biscuits work best for this appetizer. I found this recipe in a Pillsbury cookbook. *****UPDATE*****Since posting, I have begun using my own homemade meatballs for this recipe (usually prepared the day before and refrigerated until needed). I had purchased a bag of ready-made meatballs that weren't the best quality and was really unhappy with the results for the appetizer. Just thought I would pass on the info...
Top Review by SharonChen
Obsessed!! What a wonderful idea! I substituted meatballs with lobster balls. Sprinkled biscuits with grated three cheese, dried parsley and dried oregano before baking. These came out so freaking delicious. Enjoyed when they were warm. Will definitely make them again! Thank you for the recipe!
- 1 (16 1/3 ounce) can ready-to-bake refrigerated buttermilk flaky biscuits (or other LAYER biscuits)
- 8 frozen cooked italian meatballs, thawed, each cut in half
- 3 ounces mozzarella string cheese, each cut into 6 pieces
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup marinara sauce, heated
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Separate dough into 8 biscuits.
- Separate each biscuit into 2 layers.
- Press each biscuit layer to form a 3-inch round.
- Place 1 meatball half, cut side up, and 1 string cheese piece in center of each dough round.
- Wrap dough around meatball and cheese, pressing edges to seal.
- Place seam side down in single layer in ungreased 8 or 9-inch round cake pan.
- Sprinkle evenly with Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning and garlic powder.
- Bake at 375°F for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown and biscuits are no longer doughy in center.
- Remove from pan.
- Serve warm biscuits with warm marinara sauce for dipping.