Recipe by VickyJ
This came from a Kraft magazine. The recipe calls for frozen meatballs, but I used my own. This is really hearty and delish.. great comfort food! Serve this with a nice dinner salad.
Top Review by Suzette Marie
Awesome and sooo easy! Made as written except I messed up and mixed the cheese into the pea/soup mixutre - but, I liked it this way! I used mozzerella and parmesan cheese and homestyle frozen meatballs. Next time, I will bake the meatballs a bit before I add them...I think this will make the meatballs taste even better! Next time, I am going to try corn and go with a whole 8 ounce canister of stuffing. Thanks for posting! I will make this again for sure!
- 1 (6 ounce) package Stove Top stuffing mix
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 (1 lb) package frozen meatballs
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 1 cup shredded shredded cheddar cheese or 1 cup mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Prepare stuffing mix as directed on package for light preparation; set aside.
- Combine soup and milk in 13x9-inch baking dish. Stir in meatballs and peas; sprinkle with cheese. Top with the prepared stuffing.
- Bake 20 - 25 minute or until heated through.
- For this recipe, I used Itaian-flavored stuffing mix and mozzarella cheese with my own meatballs.
- Variation: prepare as dierected, substituting 1 can (14 1/2 oz) undrained diced tomatoes for the soup, omitting milk and using Italian-flavored meatballs and shredded mozzarella cheese.