Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This came from a Kraft magazine. The recipe calls for frozen meatballs, but I used my own. This is really hearty and delish.. great comfort food! Serve this with a nice dinner salad.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Prepare stuffing mix as directed on package for light preparation; set aside.
- Combine soup and milk in 13x9-inch baking dish. Stir in meatballs and peas; sprinkle with cheese. Top with the prepared stuffing.
- Bake 20 - 25 minute or until heated through.
- For this recipe, I used Itaian-flavored stuffing mix and mozzarella cheese with my own meatballs.
- Variation: prepare as dierected, substituting 1 can (14 1/2 oz) undrained diced tomatoes for the soup, omitting milk and using Italian-flavored meatballs and shredded mozzarella cheese.
Awesome and sooo easy! Made as written except I messed up and mixed the cheese into the pea/soup mixutre - but, I liked it this way! I used mozzerella and parmesan cheese and homestyle frozen meatballs. Next time, I will bake the meatballs a bit before I add them...I think this will make the meatballs taste even better! Next time, I am going to try corn and go with a whole 8 ounce canister of stuffing. Thanks for posting! I will make this again for sure!
This was good. I used my own meatballs using 1 lb ground beef. Next time I would double the meatballs.
I used a low-sodium version of the stuffing mix, cream of celery soup instead of cream of mushroom, water instead of milk, my homemade meatballs, mixed vegetables instead of just peas and a cheddar mozzarella blend...I also baked it for a full 30 minutes, so that it was very hot & bubbling...The only thing I would change is to put the cheese atop the STUFFING rather than putting the cheese BEFORE the stuffing, as it kinda got lost in the meatball mixture...I think I might try the "italian" variation soon...thanks for sharing!