Recipe by Julie B's Hive
An all-in-one casserole that just needs smashed potatoes and/or homemade bread to round out a good meal. Can't remember where I got this recipe but have used it often and always with success. Prep time is estimate since I never really timed myself.
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 1⁄4 lb ground sausage (your favorite)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon fine breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 4 tablespoons flour, separated
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 (11 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen baby lima beans, thawed
- 4 carrots, peeled and thickly sliced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Lightly mix first 7 (seven) ingredients. Shape into 2-in. meatballs. Roll in 2 tablespoons of the flour.
- In a large skillet, brown meatballs on all sides in the oil.
- Transfer meatballs to shallow baking dish.
- Stir remaining 2 tablespoons flour into skillet drippings. Add tomatoes. Bring to a boil and cook about 10 min., stirring until thickened.
- Distribute the lima beans, carrots and onions in dish with meatballs. Sprinkle with S&P. Pour tomatoes over top and cover with lid or foil.
- Bake at 350° for 1 1/2 hours or until vegetables are tender.