Recipe by lauralie41
Another slow cooker recipe from a popular home and garden magazines newsletter.
Top Review by Chef shapeweaver �
I made this on 10/26/10 for the Crockpot/Rice Cooker Event over in KK's Forum. As SmoochTheCook did, I too used beef gravy ( I don't care for mushrooms ) There was 1 problem with this recipe. After cooking the meatballs were really,really mushy. If the meatballs were browned a bit before adding them, maybe that might help ? Or adding them closer to the end of the cooking time, couldn't hurt either. But, even with that little problem this recipe had a very nice " Comfort Food " feel to it. Thank you for posting, and " Keep Smiling :) "
- 16 ounces frozen meatballs
- 8 ounces frozen mixed vegetables (about 2 cups)
- 14 1⁄2 ounces tomatoes with onion and garlic, diced or 14 1⁄2 ounces stewed tomatoes
- 1 (12 ounce) jar mushroom gravy
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried basil, crushed
Directions See How It's Made
- In a 3-1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker place meatballs and mixed vegetables. In a bowl stir together undrained tomatoes, gravy, water, and basil; pour over meatballs and vegetables in cooker.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 6 to 8 hours or on high-heat setting for 3 to 4 hours.