Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
These saucy meatballs and mushrooms can also be served as an appetizer.
- 1 (14 ounce) can beef broth
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 beef bouillon cube (optional)
- 1 (8 ounce) carton sour cream
- 1 (16 ounce) packagefrozen cooked meatballs
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, halved
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine (optional)
- 2 (3 1/2 ounce) bagssuccess boil-in-the-bag rice
- In large saucepan stir together broth, paprika, and bouillon, if using. Bring just to a simmer.
- Place sour cream in small bowl.
- Gradually whisk small amount of hot broth into sour cream. Whisk sour cream mixture into remaining broth mixture in saucepan.
- Add meatballs and mushrooms. Bring just to boiling; reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until heated through and mushrooms are tender.
- Use a slotted spoon to remove meatballs and mushrooms and place in large bowl.
- In small bowl stir together flour and water until smooth.
- Stir into liquid in pan. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly.
- Cook and stir 1 minute more.
- Stir in wine, if desired.
- Return meatballs to saucepan; heat through.
- Serve over rice.