1 hr 15 mins
Cathleen Colbert's Note:
You can make the meatballs in advance and freeze them. Noodles can also be frozen or dried. Prep time does not include cooking mung beans or resting the pasta.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup unbleached flour
- 1/4 cup buckwheat flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons water, as needed
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, peeled and minced
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 3 tablespoons fresh oregano, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh sage, minced
- 6 sun-dried tomatoes, rehydrated
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1/2 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1/2 cup dried breadcrumbs
- 1Sift flours together onto a clean, dry, flat surface.
- 2Make a well into the top of the flour mound and add eggs and oil.
- 3Use a fork to beat eggs, slowly incorporating the flour.
- 4Add water if needed to form a smooth dough.
- 5Knead the dough until it is smooth and elastic.
- 6Cover with plastic wrap and allow to sit at least 1/2 hour (up to overnight).
- 7Divide dough into 6 equal pieces and flatten by hand.
- 8Set pasta roller to widest opening and pass each piece through.
- 9Reduce the opening and roll the dough again.
- 10Repeat with the next smallest opening.
- 11Cut the strips into noodles and allow to dry (for use later) or use fresh.
- 12Saute onion, celery and garlic in olive oil until tender.
- 13Remove from heat and cool.
- 14Place pine nuts on a cookie sheet and toast in a 350°F oven for 10 minutes, shaking the pan after five minutes.
- 15In a bowl, combine onion mixture with herbs, tomatoes, turkey, pine nuts and bread crumbs.
- 16Form meatballs and place on baking sheet.
- 17Bake at 350°F for 25 minutes.
- 18In a saucepan, combine rice and beans with 1 cup water.
- 19Bring to boil; reduce heat, cover and simmer until tender (about 1 hour).
- 20In a stockpot, heat stock to a boil.
- 21Drop in noodles.
- 22Add meatballs, beans, rice, and vegetables and heat through.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Meatball and Mung Bean Soup With Buckwheat Noodles
Serving Size: 1 (385 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 377.8
- Calories from Fat 152
- Total Fat 16.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 97.7 mg
- Sodium 882.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 22.9 g