Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
Ready in 30 minutes. This came from Brownie Shrumpp's collection of recipes from the local paper.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2⁄3 cup evaporated milk
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄3 cup tomato paste
- 1 (10 ounce) can mushrooms, drained
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mix ground beef, milk, crumbs and garlic salt until well incorporated.
- Spread beef mixture into a 9" pie pan.
- Spread tomato paste over the meat.
- Arrange mushrooms over the top.
- Sprinkle with cheeses and oregano.
- Bake 25 minutes.
Very good and simple. Being a fellow Mainer I am always looking for ways to use up ground beef. (we have cows) This worked well, I put it together in no time, and the boys (hubbie & son) loved it. Good post! PS How is the weather up there? LOL