Recipe by Mom_x3
My own version of the classic chili, created while trying to introduce more vegetables to my family's diet.
- 1⁄2 lb lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 can diced tomato, with juice
- 1⁄2 cup wild rice, uncooked
- 4 cups frozen mixed vegetables (corn, peas, carrots, lima beans, green beans)
- chili powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute ground beef and onion in fry pan.
- Add to a crock pot Add can of tomatoes, with juice.
- Add uncooked wild rice Cover with water (about 4 cups) Add chili powder and salt& pepper to taste Turn crock-pot on high for 1 hour Turn crock-pot to low until rice is cooked (the rice grain splits and curls when cooked)- about 4 hours.
- Add frozen vegetables and continue heating on low until heated through (about 30 minutes) Eat and Enjoy.