Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Another recipe from Strictly Thrifty Menus. Serve with spicy chili sauce. Or heat a can of mushroom soup, undiluted, and add a dash of Worchestershire sauce. Serve with Tomato Soup, Green Beans, Pear & Cottage Cheese Salad and Fruit Dumplings.
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons Bisquick baking mix
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 cup catsup
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 1⁄2 cups Bisquick baking mix
- 1⁄3 cup water
- Heat oven to 400*.
- Cook and stir ground beef and onion until meat is brown and onion is tender. Stir in 2 Tblsp. baking mix, salt, garlic salt, catsup and sour cream; heat through.
- Stir 1 1/2 cups baking mix and the water to a soft dough. Gently smooth dough into a ball on floured cloth-covered board. Knead 5 times.
- Roll dough into a 12-inch square; cut into four 6-inch squares. Place squares on ungreased baking sheet; spoon 1/3 cup meat mixture on each. Fold dough over to make triangles and press edges together to seal securely. Cut slit in center of each turnover.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes.