Recipe by Canadian Jane
These are wonderful for any kind of get together. They freeze well and can be reheated in a matter of minutes.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 onion (finely chopped)
- 1⁄2 cup cheese (grated)
- 1 egg (well beaten)
- salt & pepper
- 1⁄2 cup soft breadcrumbs
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup (undiluted)
- 16 slices bread
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove crusts from approximately 16 slices of bread.
- Put butter one one side and place buttered side down in muffin pans.
- Combine above mixture and fill muffin pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
- Can be eaten right away or cooled and frozen. (I usually flash freeze them on a cookie sheet. When frozen, place in a plastic bag. Then you can take out what you need, as you need.).