Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
A winner from my friend Wendy. She always has the best recipes!
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef
- 32 ounces spaghetti sauce (chunky tomato, basil & herb)
- 16 ounces jumbo pasta shells
- 1 cup low-fat ricotta cheese
- 1 cup low fat cottage cheese
- 10 ounces frozen chopped spinach (thawed and strained)
- 8 ounces portabella mushrooms (chopped or diced)
- 1⁄4 purple onion, finely chopped (to taste optional)
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley (finely chopped)
- 1 cup fresh shredded parmesan cheese
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- balsamic vinaigrette
- garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Brown hamburger meat, pour some balsamic over cooking meat. When meat is almost done, add onions and mushrooms. Add garlic.
- Boil salt water – add jumbo shells according to directions on box (cook 8 – 10 min) add tsp of butter to prevent pasta from sticking. When done, remove from heat. (leave in water until ready to put stuffing inches
- Add ricotta cheese, cottage cheese, 1/2 cup of parmesan cheese, parsley and spinach to meat mixture. Cook on low until stuffing is mixed well. Remove from heat.
- Strain pasta. Spray butter – non stick pam on bottom of 9x13-inch pan. Open shells and with spoon stuff mixture into pasta shell. Place in baking dish. Repeat until there is no more room in pan. Pour and spread sauce over top of all the stuffed shells. Add remaining parmesan cheese and mozzarella cheese.
- Place in oven for 20-30 minutes (or until heated all the way through) remove from heat, let stand for 5 – 10 minutes.