1 hr 45 mins
1 hr 15 mins
I found this recipe on the back of the San Giorgio jumbo shells box. I've tried a lot of other stuffed shells recipes but I always come back to this one. My hubby loves it and asks for this as his special birthday meal every year. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (12 ounce) package san giorgio jumbo pasta shells, uncooked
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb ground pork
- 4 eggs, slightly beaten
- 3/4 cup flavored dry breadcrumbs
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (optional)
- 3/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 cups about 28-oz . jar spaghetti sauce
- grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- 1Cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
- 2Cool in single layer on foil or wax paper.
- 3Heat oven to 350°F.
- 4Meanwhile, in large skillet, brown meat; drain.
- 5In large bowl, stir together meat, eggs, bread crumbs, mozzarella cheese (if desired), onion, oregano, salt and pepper.
- 6Fill each shell with about 2 tablespoons meat filling.
- 7Spread thin layer of sauce on bottom of 13x9x2-inch baking dish.
- 8Place filled shells in prepared baking dish; cover with remaining sauce.
- 9Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, if desired.
- 10Cover with foil.
- 11Bake 45 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
Browse Our Top Pasta Shells Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta Shells Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Meat Stuffed Jumbo Shells
Serving Size: 1 (179 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 481.6
- Calories from Fat 188
- Total Fat 20.9 g
- Saturated Fat 7.2 g
- Cholesterol 158.1 mg
- Sodium 629.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 8.4 g
- Protein 29.7 g