Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
Meat and potatoes, baby!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 10 3⁄4 ounces cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 2 cups mashed potatoes
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- In a large bowl, combine beef, 1/2 cup soup, onion, egg, bread crumbs, parsley, salt and pepper; mix well.
- Press onto the bottom and up the sides of a 9-in. pie plate.
- Bake at 350 F for 25 minutes; drain.
- Combine potatoes and remaining soup in a bowl; mix until fluffy.
- Spread over meat crust. Sprinkle with bacon and cheese.
- Bake at 350 F for 15 minutes.
- Let stand for a few minutes. Cut into wedges.
I have been looking for this recipe for a really long time and I'm so happy I finally found it. I made this for my husband when we first got married, almost 40 years ago. I found the recipe in a magazine and over the years lost it. We both loved it and so did our kids when they came along. Thanks for posting this. It's great!