Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
For spaghetti, lasagna, or casseroles Cook up this large amount and you'll have lots left over to freeze.
- chop the onions, green peppers, and parsley.
- brown beef,onions,and green pepper. drain.
- Including the juice from the canned tomatoes, add all of the ingredients.
- bring to boil stirring so it won't stick.
- turn down and simmer.
- stirring occasionally until thick as you like it.
- I have used blanched and peeled tomatoes in place of the canned ones.
Wonderful meat sauce! I used a bit less ground beef to suite our taste but freezes great and I will never need to buy spaghetti sauce at the store again! :) Thank you!
I halfed the recipe and I should have made it all, this is great! I used this for Simple Baked Mostaccioli #116787 and it worked perfectly. This recipe is a great addition my my Once a Month Cooking collection, thanks!