Recipe by Nikosmom
Authentic german meat salad, you would find at one of the many 'beer gardens' all over Germany
Top Review by mandabears
OMG this is so delicious and so authentic. My parents were from Germany and my mother always made something like this, especially with any frankfurters and wurst she had in the refrigerator. I love this with fresh rye bread. Thank you for posting.
- 18 ounces ring bologna
- 4 small onions
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 1 tablespoon mustard (if possible german style)
- 2 tablespoons grated horseradish
- 5 ounces pickles (not the sweet ones)
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- salt and pepper
- 3 -5 radishes
- 2 hard-boiled eggs (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel skin of Bologna.
- Cut into fine strips.
- Chop pickles (small).
- Cut onions (rings).
- Put into a bowl and mix well.
- Add mustard, oil, horseradish, salt, pepper and sugar.
- Chill for a while.
- Garnish with radishes and boiled eggs (optional).
- Serve with bread (i. e baguette, hard rolls).