Recipe by Gaia22
These roll-ups remind me of my childhood as my mother used to make these for us when I was a kid. Consequently, these are one of my quintessential comfort foods! Great for a party or to snack on anytime or as part of a tapas-type meal. They freeze very well and can easily be pulled out of the freezer even for just a small personal snack (I included reheating directions below.) Enjoy!
Top Review by NELady
These were tasty and easy to put together. I pinched two triangles of the crescent rolls together to make rectangles (just easier for me to fill). I followed the recipe exactly as directed other than changing the shape of the roll-up - AND I also only made 1/3 (one crescent roll package) of recipe as I was only feeding two of us. Fun finger food I would make occasionally or for a party. Made for Newest 'Zaar Game, 1/21/09 - NELady.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 (1 1/3 ounce) envelope onion soup mix (such as Lipton's)
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 3 (8 ounce) packages refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
Directions See How It's Made
- Begin to brown ground beef in a large skillet. Once a little moisture has come out of the beef, stir in the onion soup mix and continue until all the meat is browned, over medium-high heat. Make sure ground beef is crumbled to small pieces well.
- Remove from heat. Drain off any excess fat. Stir in cheese until melted and well combined. Set aside to cool.
- Preheat oven to 375-degree F.
- Loosely roll out the crescent dough as directed on package. Cut each crescent in half (into 2 triangles), creating 16 triangles from each package.
- Place a heaping teaspoonful of the beef mixture onto each triangle's center. (The beef mixture only needs to be cooled enough so that you can handle it with your fingers.).
- Roll each triangle to enclose. Tuck dough points under, pinch to close any openings, and place that doughier side down onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake about 11 minutes, flipping over about 5 minutes into bake time, careful not to burn bottoms. Serve warm or let cool and freeze.
- To serve after freezing: No need to thaw - Warm in preheated 325-degree F oven for 10-13 minutes.