Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- Boil and mash potatoes. Set aside to cool (not cold).
- Cut up corned beef and add to potatoes.
- Add rest of ingredients (except 2 additional beaten eggs). Mix thoroughly.
- Roll into rissoles or shape of croquettes.
- Dip into beaten egg and roll in more bread crumbs.
- Fry in deep fat until golden brown.
- These may be heated in oven on tray if not used at once. Size of the tin of corned beef can also be changed to suit.
My mother used to make these; sadly, she is long dead. I found the reference to a batch confusing as I am used to recipes being measured in servings, and the ingredients do seem disproportionate, though all are certainly essential to successful rissoles. So, I'm going to need to experiment.
If you're having troubles with this recipe might I suggest the following? These sound just like Salmon/Tuna Cakes. Do not add liquids to your potatoes, just mash them. Also if the corned beef has liquid drain it off before adding it to the mix. Also you can omit the egg dip at the end if you are finding these still too wet and just drop into a skillet with 2 T oil and fry until golden on each side. Good luck & happy eatings.
I followed the recipe and quantities, but found them sadly lacking. I ended up with a pinky coloured goo that resmbled wallpaper paste. It was like trying to shape soup? The whole lot ended up slopping around in the bin. Shame really as I was looking forward to the finished article.