Recipe by Lori91761
My children, grand-children and now great-grand children have been eating these cookies eagerly. This recipe has given to me in 1960 by a friend.
- 236.59 ml softened butter or 236.59 ml margarine
- 236.59 ml packed brown sugar
- 236.59 ml all-purpose flour
- 2.46 ml salt
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 709.77 ml quick oatmeal, uncooked
- 2 (198.44 g) jarstrained meat baby food, any flavor
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, cream butter with sugar, flour, salt and baking soda.
- Add balance of ingredients and mix well.
- Chill one hour.
- Shape batter into 2 long rolls, wrap in waxed paper and chill.
- again until firm or freeze overnight.
- Slice rolls and put slices on ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake for 12 minutes.
- Remove from baking sheet and cool on racks.