Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
My children, grand-children and now great-grand children have been eating these cookies eagerly. This recipe has given to me in 1960 by a friend.
- 1 cup softened butter or 1 cup margarine
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 cups quick oatmeal, uncooked
- 2 (3 1/2 ounce) jarsstrained meat baby food, any flavor
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, cream butter with sugar, flour, salt and baking soda.
- Add balance of ingredients and mix well.
- Chill one hour.
- Shape batter into 2 long rolls, wrap in waxed paper and chill.
- again until firm or freeze overnight.
- Slice rolls and put slices on ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake for 12 minutes.
- Remove from baking sheet and cool on racks.