Recipe by Keepnupncali
Awesome Delish Roast Crock Pot Recipe. Great Food Great Friends type of meal. This is also a great "set it and forget it meal". Savory and Hearty. Tell me what you think...... 6¼ hours plus | 7 min prep
Top Review by norahspace
Great recipe. I used cream of celery instead of cream of mushroom soup and left out additional mushrooms. Next time I would cut the wine by 1/2 cup and consider cooking the potatoes separately. Although they absorbed a nice flavor from the wine, they were very purple!! Makes fabulous au jus/ gravy and is excellent over noodles.
- 473.18 ml cabernet sauvignon wine (or more! It's good for you!)
- 118.29 ml water or 118.29 ml beef broth
- 35.43 g envelope dry onion soup mix
- 14.79 ml brown sugar
- 4.92 ml dried rosemary or 4.92 ml fresh rosemary
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 medium carrots, washed, pared & sliced
- 1 garlic clove (or table spoon crushed)
- 1 bay leaf
- 9.85 ml salt
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 4.92 ml crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 head celery, with leafy greens roughly chopped
- 4 small red potatoes
- 4 small yukon gold potatoes
- 2 beef bouillon cubes
- 2 (453.59 g) box mushrooms (I used button try any)
- 453.59 g condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1814.36 g boneless beef roast (rump, chuck or round)
- 4.92-9.85 ml cornstarch (for au jus)
Directions See How It's Made
- 1.Place roast in crock pot and season with pepper.
- 2.Mix rest of ingredients together and pour over roast.
- 3.Cover top with mushrooms and add bay leaf.
- 4.Cover and cook on low 6-9 hours.
- 5.Remove roast to rest on platter.
- 6.Discard bay leaf.
- 7.Turn crock pot to high.
- 8.Whisk cornstarch into juices to thicken.
- 9.This makes a wonderfully tasty au jus, or over mashed potatoes.
- 11.You can easily make additions to this: pearl onions,.