Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Awesome Delish Roast Crock Pot Recipe. Great Food Great Friends type of meal. This is also a great "set it and forget it meal". Savory and Hearty. Tell me what you think...... 6¼ hours plus | 7 min prep
- 2 cups cabernet sauvignon wine (or more! It's good for you!)
- 1⁄2 cup water or 1⁄2 cup beef broth
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope dry onion soup mix
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary or 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 medium carrots, washed, pared & sliced
- 1 garlic clove (or table spoon crushed)
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 heads celery, with leafy greens roughly chopped
- 4 small red potatoes
- 4 small yukon gold potatoes
- 2 beef bouillon cubes
- 2 (8 ounce) boxes mushrooms (I used button try any)
- 16 ounces condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 4 lbs boneless beef roast (rump, chuck or round)
- 1 -2 teaspoon cornstarch (for au jus)
- 1.Place roast in crock pot and season with pepper.
- 2.Mix rest of ingredients together and pour over roast.
- 3.Cover top with mushrooms and add bay leaf.
- 4.Cover and cook on low 6-9 hours.
- 5.Remove roast to rest on platter.
- 6.Discard bay leaf.
- 7.Turn crock pot to high.
- 8.Whisk cornstarch into juices to thicken.
- 9.This makes a wonderfully tasty au jus, or over mashed potatoes.
- 11.You can easily make additions to this: pearl onions,.
Great recipe. I used cream of celery instead of cream of mushroom soup and left out additional mushrooms. Next time I would cut the wine by 1/2 cup and consider cooking the potatoes separately. Although they absorbed a nice flavor from the wine, they were very purple!! Makes fabulous au jus/ gravy and is excellent over noodles.