Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is such a wonderful hearty one dish meal. I love the sour cream and cheese mixture in this. If your family is a meat/potato kinda family then they will go crazy over this. This is a combination of many different recipes rolled into one to meet my family's picky needs at the table.
- Brown and drain ground beef.
- Mix ground beef, cream of chicken soup, cheese, milk, sour cream, corn and onions all together.
- I salt and pepper the mixture to taste.
- Spread mixture evenly in the bottom of a 9x13 baking dish or pan. The pan will be VERY full but it will all fit. I just line the bottom of my oven with foil just in case.
- Cover the mixture with the entire bag of tater tots making sure to spread them evenly. I lay most on their sides and some upright and then kind of smash them down into the mixture a little. I give them a good smashing and smash as much as i can so just the tops of the tots are showing.
- Bake uncovered in a preheated 350°F oven for about 45 minutes.
- You can also sprinkle a little teeny bit of cheddar cheese on the top if you want.
- Step away from the table because your meat eaters will LOVE this.
- YOU CAN USE MORE SOUR CREAM AND CHEESE DEPENDING ON YOUR TASTE! I SOMETIMES USE A LOT.
Made this recipe and added our own "extras" to it after reading the reviews. LOVED the zip the sour cream gave. I used cream of mushroom soup, corn AND 2 cups of green beans & 1 medium onion, chopped to the mixture. I did saute the onions with the beef after draining the grease off. The green onions I added towards the end of the baking cycle along with the reserved cheese and we really liked it. Thanks for posting
I liked this but my hubby wasn't crazy about it. I totally forgot to add the corn but it was still tasty to me. Since hubby wasn't crazy about it I'm going to use it as a lunch option for the kids during the summer instead of for dinner. I used cream of celery soup as someone else suggested.
This was not a winner for my family. We do the "typical" TTC recipe often, so I decided to try this when I realized I was missing an ingredient for the other. I DID like some aspects...the addition of a veggie (I used corn), the sour cream, the tater tots on top, but I have to say the Cream of Chicken soup in a beef recipe skeeved me out. I did not like that. Next time, I will use Cream of Mushroom (or onion, or celery).