Recipe by Heather Reynolds in Virginia
This is such a wonderful hearty one dish meal. I love the sour cream and cheese mixture in this. If your family is a meat/potato kinda family then they will go crazy over this. This is a combination of many different recipes rolled into one to meet my family's picky needs at the table.
Top Review by CindiJ
Made this recipe and added our own "extras" to it after reading the reviews. LOVED the zip the sour cream gave. I used cream of mushroom soup, corn AND 2 cups of green beans & 1 medium onion, chopped to the mixture. I did saute the onions with the beef after draining the grease off. The green onions I added towards the end of the baking cycle along with the reserved cheese and we really liked it. Thanks for posting
- 2 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 32 ounces oreda tater tots
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup (undiluted can)
- 2 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can sweet corn
- 3 tablespoons chopped green onions
- salt & pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown and drain ground beef.
- Mix ground beef, cream of chicken soup, cheese, milk, sour cream, corn and onions all together.
- I salt and pepper the mixture to taste.
- Spread mixture evenly in the bottom of a 9x13 baking dish or pan. The pan will be VERY full but it will all fit. I just line the bottom of my oven with foil just in case.
- Cover the mixture with the entire bag of tater tots making sure to spread them evenly. I lay most on their sides and some upright and then kind of smash them down into the mixture a little. I give them a good smashing and smash as much as i can so just the tops of the tots are showing.
- Bake uncovered in a preheated 350°F oven for about 45 minutes.
- You can also sprinkle a little teeny bit of cheddar cheese on the top if you want.
- Step away from the table because your meat eaters will LOVE this.
- YOU CAN USE MORE SOUR CREAM AND CHEESE DEPENDING ON YOUR TASTE! I SOMETIMES USE A LOT.