Heather Reynolds in Virginia's Note:
This is such a wonderful hearty one dish meal. I love the sour cream and cheese mixture in this. If your family is a meat/potato kinda family then they will go crazy over this. This is a combination of many different recipes rolled into one to meet my family's picky needs at the table.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Brown and drain ground beef.
- 2Mix ground beef, cream of chicken soup, cheese, milk, sour cream, corn and onions all together.
- 3I salt and pepper the mixture to taste.
- 4Spread mixture evenly in the bottom of a 9x13 baking dish or pan. The pan will be VERY full but it will all fit. I just line the bottom of my oven with foil just in case.
- 5Cover the mixture with the entire bag of tater tots making sure to spread them evenly. I lay most on their sides and some upright and then kind of smash them down into the mixture a little. I give them a good smashing and smash as much as i can so just the tops of the tots are showing.
- 6Bake uncovered in a preheated 350°F oven for about 45 minutes.
- 7You can also sprinkle a little teeny bit of cheddar cheese on the top if you want.
- 8Step away from the table because your meat eaters will LOVE this.
- 9YOU CAN USE MORE SOUR CREAM AND CHEESE DEPENDING ON YOUR TASTE! I SOMETIMES USE A LOT.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Meat & Potato Style Tater Tot Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (613 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1264.5
- Calories from Fat 781
- Total Fat 86.8 g
- Saturated Fat 38.5 g
- Cholesterol 226.3 mg
- Sodium 1599.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 66.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.8 g
- Sugars 5.7 g
- Protein 57.0 g