Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This tastes great! Please note: Recipe also calls for a chopped onion and a tsp of parsley flakes which were forgotten at time of entering!
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 cups shredded raw potatoes
- 1 cup grated swiss cheese or 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 1 chopped onion
- 3⁄4 cup diced chicken (cooked) or 3⁄4 cup ham (cooked) or 3⁄4 cup sausage (cooked)
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- Preheat over to 425°F.
- In 9 inch pie pan mix together vegetable oil and shredded potato.
- Press evenly into pie crust shape.
- Bake 420 for 15 mins until just beginning to brown.
- Remove from oven.
- Place cheese, diced meat and onion on top of potato crust.
- Beat together milk, eggs and seasonings.
- Pour onto other ingredients.
- Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon parsley flakes.
- Return to oven and bake at 425 for 30 minutes Allow to cool for 5 mins before cutting.
This was delicious! Only problem is that, like with a previous reviewer, the potato crust didn't brown evenly. Next time we'll probably use a little less for the crust or cook a little more or somehow drain the water. Also the crust stuck to the glass dish.
I don't like parsley, so I use basil, definitely be making it again! very tasty, Thanks!!
This had lots of flavor (used ground chicken with lots of pepper) but I was disappointed in the potato crust. Mine looked watery from the beginning (I blotted with paper towel first) and I cooked it extra long and broiled it for a few minutes because it looked mushy. I noticed that I made a cauliflower pie in the past and it had a potato crust, too, but you drained the potatoes first and added an egg. Next time I will try that with this pie as it was very tasty. Thanks Northern Reflectionz, for posting. Roxygirl