Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
My family and everone that I have served this meatloaf to, loves it.
- 1 lb ground chuck
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 3 slices dry bread (crumbled)
- 1 small onion (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can sliced potato, drained
- 4 slices American cheese
- Combine ground chuck, eggs, milk, bread crumbs, onion, salt and pepper; Mix well.
- Spread half of the meat mixture in a 9x5x3" loaf pan; layer with potatoes and cheese.
- Spread rest of meat mixture on top and seal outside edges.
- Top with catsup.
- Bake 350 degrees for 1 hour or untill done.
Wow! This is delicious. I never thought of adding potatoes and cheese like this to a meatloaf. It really gives you the whole circle of a meal. Simple, fast and oh sooo tasty. My neighbors I highly recommend this to everyone. We put a big star on the page of this in the "to make again" section of our folder. Thanks for posting this. It's great!
Nice variation to the same 'ol meatloaf. I chose not to use canned sliced potatoes (didn't sound too appealing). I used frozen O'brien potatoes. They were great in this recipe. I also used monterrey jack cheese instead of american cheese. It gave it a wonderful flavor. Thanks for a recipe I will be sure to use again and again.
Sorry, but we thought this recipe was fair. Maybe it was the canned potatoes that didn't appeal to us. Thanks for sharing tho.