Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
A great freezable recipe. My DH will eat anything if it is put into a tortilla. A fast food chain has these on their menu and I make them at home. I make a full batch and then freeze for an easy to reheat meal. It is also a great way to use up left over taco meat, for another meal or snack.
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) package tater tots
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 1⁄4 ounces taco seasoning, packet
- 1⁄4 cup Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies
- 10 burrito-size flour tortillas
- sour cream
- Cook tator tots according to package.
- fry hamburger, drain, and add taco seasoning, cheese onion and green chilies.
- Heat tortillas in microwave for easier rolling. cover half of tortilla with a layer of meat top with tator tots and roll up. Place on plate and top with salsa and sour cream and any other south of the border topping you can think of.
- TO FREEZE: place rolled up burritos in to a freezer bag and freeze. I actually place 3 to 4 burritos in regular storage bags and them place into a zippered freezer bag. I can get about 9 to 12 burritos per freezer bag. I can take out on storage bag for supper and keep the rest in the freezer.