Recipe by Ruth Tisdale
There could be similar recipes but I saw a lemon pie recipe made in this manner and the lightbulb came on. The light bulb turned out to be a good thing.
- 3 lbs ground lean ground beef
- 2 cups diced hash brown potatoes
- 1 cup diced carrot
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 cup diced celery
- 4 tablespoons brown gravy mix
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon basil
- 1 tablespoon granulated garlic
- 6 pre made pie crusts
Directions See How It's Made
- Cover bottom of cast iron skillet with oil. Add potatoes and cook for 10 minutes, add the carrots, celery, and onion and cook until the onion is translucent and the carrots are soft. Set aside.
- Scramble meat in skillet until the meat is completely cooked and loose.
- Pour meat into a colander that is sitting in your sink. Let it drain. Rinse it in hot water and let it drain again.
- Return meat to skillet. Add all of the spices and add 1/2 cup water. Heat for 4 to 5 minutes. Then add gravy mix and 1/4 cup water and stir. Het till hot all the way through and gravy thickened.
- Remove from heat. Stir the vegetables into the meat mixture and set aside.
- Lay three pie crusts out onto counter covered in wax paper. Using the pampered chef cut n seal lightly mark 7 circles onto each pie crust .
- Measure out 2 tbs more or less of the mixture into the middle of each circle.
- Once all circles are filled cover the pie crust with another pie crust. Firmly using the press n seal cut each set of circles out. Snip the middles of each pie to let steam out as it cooks.
- Move to baking sheet and lightly spray the pies with baking spray. Sprinkle with granulated garlic and black pepper.
- Bake at 350* till crust is slightly golden.
- Take the leftover bits of dough and form into other pie crusts.
- Each set of two pie crusts will make 8 little meat pies.
- Bake at 350* for 15 minutes or how ever long it takes to get golden.