Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
Entry in RSC #9
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 small white onion (diced)
- 1 medium carrot (diced)
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) canwhole tomatoes with juice, diced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 8 1⁄2 ounces puff pastry (1 sheet)
- In a medium skillet, add 1 tsp olive oil, onions and carrots, saute for 2 minutes.
- Add ground beef; cook on medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes,juice,salt,pepper,sugar and cinnamon to beef mixture, stir, simmer for 30 minutes.
- Cut puff pastry sheet into six squares.
- Roll each square into 6 inch square.
- Spoon mixture into each square; fold and seal.
- Brush the other 1 tsp olive oil on the meat pies.
- Bake 12-15 minutes or until golden brown at 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
I guess I am just not into cinn. and sugar in my meat. Without those two things they would have been really good.
With the addition of mushrooms and frozen peas, this was a wonderful meal!
We absolutely LOVED these! It was quick, easy, and tasted sooooo great. I added some chopped celery and some mushrooms to it just to get in some extra veggies. I served it with some mashed potato's and a salad and the family couldn't get enough. It has already been requested to have again!