1/1 Photo of Meat Pie (Tourtiere)
5 hrs 30 mins
Raised in Quebec Tourtiere was a big Christmas favourite.I created this recipe using a combination of flavours from my Aunt, and my second Mum's recipes. I usually make this recipe from memory, but had so many requests for the recipe, that I decided to write it out to share- Enjoy!!!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In large pot brown ground meat-drain well-add onion, celery, potatoe, garlic, cloves, allspice, sage, pepper-mix well.
- 2Add bouillon-bring to boil and then simmer on low heat for 3-4 hours.
- 3This recipe works equally as well in a slow cooker.
- 4Use a potato masher to mash meat/potato mixture to desired consistancy.
- 5Drain off excess liquid-cool meat mixture& remove any visible cloves.
- 6Fill the bottom shell , cover with top crust, seal edges and score to allow steam to escape.
- 7Bake at 425 for approximately 45 mins or until the crust is golden brown.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Meat Pie (Tourtiere)
Serving Size: 1 (283 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 405.9
- Calories from Fat 219
- Total Fat 24.3 g
- Saturated Fat 9.2 g
- Cholesterol 103.8 mg
- Sodium 413.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 30.0 g