Prep 25 mins
Cook 45 mins
Ground Beef and Pork covered with cheesy mashed potatoes
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb pork sausage
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can crushed tomatoes (or tomato and herbs)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup fresh sliced mushrooms
- 1 small yellow onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 egg
- 7 potatoes
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- salt and pepper
- In one pan sauté meat together with salt and pepper.
- In another pan peel and boil potatoes.
- In a third pan sauté mushrooms and onions in olive oil.
- When meat is cooked toss with flour and egg. Add in 1 cup cheese, tomatoes, peas, and mushroom onion mixture.
- Mash potatoes with milk and butter, salt and pepper to taste. Mix in remaining cheese.
- Firmly pack meat mixture into bottom of casserole dish. Top with potatoes.
- Bake at 350 covered for 35 min, bake an additional 10 min uncovered.