Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
Meat and veggie dish transferred on to a pie plate. A quick dinner ready in less than 1 hour.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 egg
- 1⁄3 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 2 cups cooked potatoes, cubed
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 2 cups monterey jack pepper cheese, cubed
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup gravy
- In a mixing bowl, combine meat, mushrooms, egg, onion, breadcrumbs, 1/4 teaspoon salt,and pepper, and mix lightly.
- Press mixture onto bottom, and sides of a 9 inch pie plate.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Mash potatoes, and milk together.
- Stir cheese, Parsley, and 1/8 teaspoon salt into mashed potatoes.
- Remove meat shell, from oven. Spoon or drain off any fat.
- Reduce heat to 350 degrees.
- Fill meat shell with potato mixture.
- Return to oven. Continue baking for 10-15 minutes, or until heated through.
- Serve with brown gravy.
This is a good recipe. I use instant potato buds in the pie instead of bread crumbs and instead of gravy, I like some creamed corn poured over it. Yum!
Comfort food at its best. I picked this recipe with my son in mind.....knew it was right up his alley. To my delight, I found that I loved it too. I added a little Greek seasoning to the meat instead of using salt and pepper. I also put a bit of butter in the potatoes. This turned out to be a delicious delight. Thanks for sharing! Made for "For Your Consideration" game.
This hit the spot on the comfort front level! The pepper jack cheese added just the right amount of flavor to the potato topping and the mushrooms and onion in the base yum. I did leave out the parsley because I forgot to buy any. One of the other things I liked about this is it is quick and easy enough you can make during the work week. Thanks for the great recipe.