Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a meat pie. Sort of Cornish pasty.
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 500 g mincemeat
- 2 large onions, finely chopped
- 4 potatoes, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ginger, minced
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons tomato ketchup
- 4 tablespoons HP steak sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- puff pastry
- Heat oil and put in all the ingredients except for sauces.
- Keep cooking for about half an hour. This mixture needs to be quite dry.
- Add all the sauces and mix.
- Allow it to cool.
- Roll the puff pastry and put the mixture in it. You can make it into rolls or any shape and bake in oven until the pastry is cooked.
- I used ready made pastry and it normally has cooking times and temperature on the package.