Recipe by Julie Leo
This a good way to use up your leftovers. My Mom made this up once when I was young. The browning time is an estimate for I have never timed it myself.
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons green peppers, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup celery, diced
- 1 cup cooked beef, diced or 1 cup cooked pork or 1 cup other meat, chopped
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups milk or 2 cups meat stock
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, cooked and diced
- 6 refrigerated biscuits or 6 homemade biscuits
Directions See How It's Made
- Slowly brown onion, pepper, celery and meat in the butter, stirring constantly.
- Add flour slowly, stirring constantly, until brown.
- Add remaining ingredients except biscuits.
- Heat thoroughly.
- Pour into a shallow, well-oiled baking dish.
- Cover with biscuits.
- Bake in hot oven, about 450 degrees Fahrenheit for about 15 minutes.