Recipe by birdie #3 (andrea)
These are my daughter’s favorite thing to eat for dinner, and she is a very picky eater. It always seems I have to taste test (my excuse) these right off the grill. They are that good that you just can't wait to eat them. I use -Mr. Yoshida's original gourmet sweet & savory marinade and cooking sauce- for the marinade. It’s not just great on flank either. I am going to add another recipe that I use with that stuff soon. The only place I have found it is at Costco. It’s definitely a must have in this house. Another good marinade sauce is Kikkoman teriyaki with green onions and garlic. They also have a ginger one. Yum!
- 1 flank steak
- 20 skewers
- 1 1⁄2 cups mr. yoshida's original gourmet sweet & savory marinade, Yoshida gourmet sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak wooden skewers for about an hour.
- Cut flank steak into half inch strips going with the grain. They will be long so you can cut those in half.
- Put cut up flank into a bowl or reseal able plastic freezer bag; add marinade and let soak about an hour or two.
- Skewer meat.
- You can also add vegetables or peppers to any extra skewers. Spray vegetables with a little oil.
- Preheat grill on medium heat.
- Cook for about 8-10 minutes on each side or until they get good grill marks. I always taste test them. :P be sure to let them cool down a little if you decide to do the taste test. They should have no pink and have kind of soft beef jerky like chew. Oh gosh they are so good!