Recipe by AnitaLynn
I developed this recipe because I love frozen meat pies so much and wanted to make my own. I used the Moms Souper Easy Pie Recipe from this site for the pasty. You can use whatever veggies you like or mix it up and make different kinds of meat pies. It is a very simple to make, freezes well and is a great meal for a brunch or a cold winters night.
Top Review by Mom of 9
Thank you for this Fabulas Receipe it was a BIG hit with my Family I did use moms super easy pie pastry . the pastry was excellent and the filling i adjusted some veggies to please but this ia a deffinate keeper and will be making this again and again thanks Anita
- 2 minute steaks, cooked and cut into bite size pieces
- 1 cup diced carrot
- 1 cup sweet corn
- 1 cup peas
- 1⁄4 cup diced red pepper
- 1 cup diced raw potato
- 2 (25 g) packages gravy mix
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Make two pie crusts, using Moms Souper Easy Pie Recipe from this site or your own. I like to pre-cook the bottom shell for about 8 - 10 minute.
- Cook the minute steak flavor or spice as to your liking.
- Dice your veggies into small bite size pieces and add to a large bowl.
- Once the steak has cooled cut into small bite size pieces and add to the veggies.
- Prepare your gravy mix but only use 3/4 the amount of water for each package.
- Once cooled add to the mixture of veggies and meat. Mix well.
- Pour mixture evenly into the two pie shells, top with the crust, pinch edges and make a couple slits on the top.
- You can freeze them from here or cook in a 350 degree oven for approximately 1 hour. The vegetables cook during this process.
- Serving size is 4 - 6 per pie.