1/2 Photos of Meat 'n' Cheese Stromboli
Great hit with my kids at camp, I added broccoli and substituted co-jack cheese for the cheddar, I am sure you can customize it to your liking. This is a Taste of Home July 2006 recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 medium onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1 medium green pepper, sliced into rings
- 236.59 ml broccoli, steamed to tender (optional)
- 14.79 ml butter
- 2 loaf frozen bread dough, thawed (16 oz each)
- 226.79 g turkey, thinly sliced
- 226.79 g hard salami, thinly sliced
- 226.79 g deli ham, thinly sliced
- 226.79 g mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 226.79 g mild cheddar cheese, sliced
- 2.46 ml italian seasoning
- 1.23 ml garlic powder
- 0.59 ml pepper
- 1 egg, beaten
- 4.92 ml poppy seed
- 1In a large skillet, sauté onion and green pepper in butter until crisp-tender; set aside.
- 2On two greased baking sheets, roll each loaf of dough into a 15x12-inch rectangle. Arrange the salami, turkey, ham, and cheeses lengthwise over half of each rectangle to within 1/2 inch of edges.
- 3Top with onion mixture and broccoli (if used).
- 4Sprinkle with Italian seasoning, garlic powder and pepper.
- 5Fold dough over filling and pinch edges to seal well.
- 6Brush with egg and sprinkle with poppy seeds.
- 7Bake at 400° for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 5 minutes before slicing.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Meat 'n' Cheese Stromboli
Serving Size: 1 (95 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 174.9
- Calories from Fat 111
- Total Fat 12.3 g
- Saturated Fat 6.5 g
- Cholesterol 62.3 mg
- Sodium 448.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 13.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
frozen bread dough