Great hit with my kids at camp, I added broccoli and substituted co-jack cheese for the cheddar, I am sure you can customize it to your liking. This is a Taste of Home July 2006 recipe.
- 1 medium onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1 medium green pepper, sliced into rings
- 236.59 ml broccoli, steamed to tender (optional)
- 14.79 ml butter
- 2 loaf frozen bread dough, thawed (16 oz each)
- 226.79 g turkey, thinly sliced
- 226.79 g hard salami, thinly sliced
- 226.79 g deli ham, thinly sliced
- 226.79 g mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 226.79 g mild cheddar cheese, sliced
- 2.46 ml italian seasoning
- 1.23 ml garlic powder
- 0.59 ml pepper
- 1 egg, beaten
- 4.92 ml poppy seed
- In a large skillet, sauté onion and green pepper in butter until crisp-tender; set aside.
- On two greased baking sheets, roll each loaf of dough into a 15x12-inch rectangle. Arrange the salami, turkey, ham, and cheeses lengthwise over half of each rectangle to within 1/2 inch of edges.
- Top with onion mixture and broccoli (if used).
- Sprinkle with Italian seasoning, garlic powder and pepper.
- Fold dough over filling and pinch edges to seal well.
- Brush with egg and sprinkle with poppy seeds.
- Bake at 400° for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 5 minutes before slicing.