Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
I use this to make meatballs and meatloaf. I usually make both at the same time so that I have one meal for today and one for later. I usually freeze the meatballs and then use with spaghetti, brown gravy, cream gravy, or bbq sauce on a sandwich. Very versatile and easy to reheat. I thaw overnight in fridge and then heat in sauce and serve over noodles.
- 3 lbs ground beef
- 1⁄4 cup onion, diced
- 1⁄4 cup green pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 jalapeno, seeded and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 3 slices bread
- 1⁄2 cup cracker crumb
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons ketchup or 3 tablespoons barbecue sauce or 3 tablespoons steak sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Mix first four ingredients together.
- Mix last 6 ingredients together and let them soak.
- When all the moisture is soaked up mix into meat. Divide in half.
- Make 1/2 into meat loaf and the other into meat balls and place in oven proof skillet or baking sheet. Line a loaf pan or baking sheet with foil to help with clean up.
- Bake meat balls 10 minutes and then turn and bake another 10 minutes.
- Put meatloaf in and bake for 45 minutes. Shut off oven and leave in oven for another 15 minutes.
- Save or freeze either for another meal.