Recipe by KeyWee
Meaty, full-bodied Italian all-purpose sauce to use in pasta dishes, lasagna, even chili! Freezes well.
Top Review by robind21283
Made this for my hubby along with some home made pasta. He said it was just like the "gravy" his mother made, but better. I ground beef, ground pork, ground turkey and italian sausage for my meats an included Nesbitt's secret ingredient. My 7ltr enameled cast iron pot just barely held everything. Definite keeper.
- 3 lbs boneless beef chuck roast (1" cubes)
- 3 lbs boneless pork roast (1" cubes)
- 1 lb Italian sausage (1" slices)
- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 large onions (chopped)
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 3 (28 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes (undrained)
- 3 (6 ounce) cans tomato paste
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley (minced)
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 3 teaspoons garlic salt
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- This is one tasty Italian meat sauce!
- It's great to get a big pot simmering on a cold winter day.
- In large soup kettle brown all meats in olive oil.
- Drain and add onions and garlic.
- Add all remaining ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer, loosely covered, for three hours, stirring occasionally.
- Serve over pasta, use in lasagna, or whatever your heart desires!