1/2 Photos of Meat Lovers Stromboli
I created this recipe for my sweet husband. His favorite thing to order from a local pizzeria is their family sized stromboli. This is our version. This recipe makes two large strombolis and could feasibly serve four people, or one hungry husband for two days. You could make the pizza dough, but I buy it pre-made for convencience sake.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (13 7/8 ounce) cans refrigerated pizza crusts
- 8 ounces of sliced pepperoni, divided
- 16 ounces bulk hot sausage, cooked and drained (recommend Jimmy Dean)
- 3 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese, and provolone shredded cheese mix divided
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, divided
- garlic powder
- red pepper flakes
- Italian herb seasoning, blend
- pizza seasoning (optional)
- olive oil, for brushing
- 1Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Sprinkle a little flour on your work surface.
- 3Roll pizza dough into a 10x14 inch rectangle. Be careful not to roll too thin.
- 4Cover the rectangle with layers of the toppings - pepperoni, sausage, cheese blend, parmesan cheese, italian herb seasoning to taste, pizza seasoning to taste, garlic powder to taste, red pepper flakes to taste. Be sure to leave a 1 inch border around all the sides.
- 5Starting at the end closest to you, roll the stromboli into a log (my husband says the pizza place does it like a jelly roll).
- 6Seal the dough by pinching firmly with fingertips on sides and ends.
- 7Cover baking sheet with foil, brushed lightly with olive oil.
- 8Place stromboli on prepared baking sheet. Make sure seam of stromboli is on the bottom.
- 9Use a pastry brush to apply olive oil to top of strombolis.
- 10Place on center rack of oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- 11Carefully remove from oven and let rest for 5 to 10 minutes.
- 12Slice with serrated knife.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Meat Lovers Stromboli
Serving Size: 1 (284 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 969.2
- Calories from Fat 721
- Total Fat 80.2 g
- Saturated Fat 33.3 g
- Cholesterol 228.8 mg
- Sodium 2452.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 56.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: