1/1 Photo of Meat-Lover's Slow Cooker Spaghetti Sauce
8 hrs 20 mins
I love preparing this sauce in the morning in the slow cooker and letting it cook on low all day. When I get home, I just boil some pasta and serve with a salad and some garlic bread. My family loves it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 1 large sweet onion, chopped
- 226.79 g hot Italian sausage
- 453.59 g lean ground beef
- 4.92 ml dried Italian seasoning
- 4.92 ml garlic powder
- 2.46 ml dried marjoram
- 822.13 g can tomato sauce
- 170.09 g can tomato paste
- 411.06 g can Italian-style diced tomatoes
- 411.06 g can Italian-style stewed tomatoes
- 1.23 ml dried thyme leaves
- 1.23 ml dried basil
- 2.46 ml dried oregano
- 9.85 ml garlic powder
- 14.79 ml brown sugar
- 1Heat olive oil in skillet over medium heat; cook and stir onions and sausage, until sausage is browned, about 10 minutes.
- 2Transfer the sausage and onions to a slow cooker.
- 3In the same skillet, cook and stir the ground beef, Italian seasoning, 1 t of garlic powder, and marjoram, breaking the meat up as it cooks, until the meat is browned, about 10 minutes.
- 4Transfer the ground beef into the slow cooker.
- 5Stir in the tomato sauce, tomato paste, diced tomatoes, stewed tomatoes, thyme, basil, oregano and 2 t garlic powder.
- 6Cook on low for about 8 hours.
- 7About 15 minutes before serving, stir in the sugar.
- 8Serve hot over pasta.
Browse Our Top Sweet Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Sweet Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Meat-Lover's Slow Cooker Spaghetti Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (342 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 296.7
- Calories from Fat 140
- Total Fat 15.6 g
- Saturated Fat 5.3 g
- Cholesterol 53.0 mg
- Sodium 1226.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 13.0 g
- Protein 20.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dried Italian seasoning