Recipe by Lainey6605
I love preparing this sauce in the morning in the slow cooker and letting it cook on low all day. When I get home, I just boil some pasta and serve with a salad and some garlic bread. My family loves it.
Top Review by Boomette
This sauce is really good. Even my son loved it. I sliced spicy italian sausages, that way I can omit them for my son. And we like to have big bites of sausages. I used a red onion and no oil to brown the onion and sausage cause I used a non-stick skillet. The seasonings are perfect. I used just a bit less of garlic powder. It smelled great while it was cooking. Thanks Lainey :) Made for Photo tag
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 1 large sweet onion, chopped
- 226.79 g hot Italian sausage
- 453.59 g lean ground beef
- 4.92 ml dried Italian seasoning
- 4.92 ml garlic powder
- 2.46 ml dried marjoram
- 822.13 g can tomato sauce
- 170.09 g can tomato paste
- 411.06 g can Italian-style diced tomatoes
- 411.06 g can Italian-style stewed tomatoes
- 1.23 ml dried thyme leaves
- 1.23 ml dried basil
- 2.46 ml dried oregano
- 9.85 ml garlic powder
- 14.79 ml brown sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat olive oil in skillet over medium heat; cook and stir onions and sausage, until sausage is browned, about 10 minutes.
- Transfer the sausage and onions to a slow cooker.
- In the same skillet, cook and stir the ground beef, Italian seasoning, 1 t of garlic powder, and marjoram, breaking the meat up as it cooks, until the meat is browned, about 10 minutes.
- Transfer the ground beef into the slow cooker.
- Stir in the tomato sauce, tomato paste, diced tomatoes, stewed tomatoes, thyme, basil, oregano and 2 t garlic powder.
- Cook on low for about 8 hours.
- About 15 minutes before serving, stir in the sugar.
- Serve hot over pasta.