Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
A twist on meatballs and spaghetti. Serve slices of Meat Loaves with spaghetti sauce over pasta, then complete with Caesar salad and garlic bread.
- 1 1⁄2 cups spaghetti sauce, divided
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1 large egg
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- Stir together 1/2 cup spaghetti sauce, ground beef, breadcrumbs,and the next 4 ingredients just until combined.
- Shape mixture into 2 8 inch loaves, and place in a lightly greased 13 X 9 inch baking dish.
- Bake at 350 for 25 minutes.
- Stir together remaining spaghetti sauce, brown sugar and next 3 ingredients.
- Pour sauce evenly over meat loaves, and bake 25 more minutes or until beef is no longer pink in center.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
- Serve over cooked spaghetti.
The flavor of the meatloaf is awesome. (I may use this part of the recipe for my meatballs.) The one thing I would change on this would be to double the sauce that gets poured over. Very tasty and satisfying dish