Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
This meatloaf is a family favorite. My children (9, 6, and 3) love it, too. I've shared this loaf with families who HATE meatloaf and they've all asked for the recipe. I use whatever organic ground pork or organic ground beef that I have on hand as long as I use at least 1# of each. Can be made into 1 large loaf or 2 small loafs.
- Combine eggs, onion, black pepper, and oatmeal in large bowl. Using your hands, add ground meats and coat evenly with oatmeal mixture.
- Spread in 10 x 5 loaf or 3-quart rectangular dish.
- Bake 1 1/4 hours at 350°F
- After baking, with a spoon, remove excess grease from loaf (if you use lean meat, you will have very little grease).
- Combine brown sugar and ketchup topping. Spread over top of loaf and bake an additional 10 minutes.