Recipe by Theresa S.
This meatloaf is a family favorite. My children (9, 6, and 3) love it, too. I've shared this loaf with families who HATE meatloaf and they've all asked for the recipe. I use whatever organic ground pork or organic ground beef that I have on hand as long as I use at least 1# of each. Can be made into 1 large loaf or 2 small loafs.
Top Tweak by register
I only used 2 1/4 pounds ground beef, added 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/3 cup sweet Barbecue sauce to the loaf and used half ketchup and half barbecue sauce with the brown sugar for the topping. My whole family enjoyed this version of meatloaf.
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups quick oats
- 1 md. onion (finely chopped)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 lbs ground meat (combination of ground pork and lean ground beef)
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup (Organic without HFCS)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine eggs, onion, black pepper, and oatmeal in large bowl. Using your hands, add ground meats and coat evenly with oatmeal mixture.
- Spread in 10 x 5 loaf or 3-quart rectangular dish.
- Bake 1 1/4 hours at 350°F
- After baking, with a spoon, remove excess grease from loaf (if you use lean meat, you will have very little grease).
- Combine brown sugar and ketchup topping. Spread over top of loaf and bake an additional 10 minutes.