Recipe by AndreaVT96
I haven't tried this recipe yet, but I am always on the lookout for slow cooker recipes, so I am posting her to save. Comes frmo the February/March issue of Healthy Cooking magazine.
- 1⁄2 cup tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 cup egg substitute
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup crushed saltine (about 10 crackers)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon seasoned pepper
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 lb reduced-fat bulk pork sausage
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut three long, narrow strips of heavy-duty foil; crisscross so they resemble spokes of a wheel. (will use later for removal of meat loaf from slow cooker).
- Place strips on the bottom and up the sides of a 4 or 5 quart slow cooker. Coat strips with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine first nine ingredients.
- Crumble beef and sausage over mixture and mix well. (Mixture will be moist.).
- Shape into a loaf. Place meat loaf in the center of the strips.
- In a small bowl, combine sauce ingredients. Spoon over meat loaf.
- Cover and cook on low 3-4 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 160 degrees. Using foil strips, remove meat loaf to a platter.