Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
A very good tasting meat loaf that is good served with mashed potatoes and either gravy or ketchup on the side.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs pork, beef, and veal combo
- 1 large onion, grated
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup instant oat meal
- 1⁄2 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning or 1 teaspoon your favorite dried herbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup half-and-half or 1⁄4 cup milk
- Combine all of the ingredients together, except the ketchcup, and place in a meatloaf shape pan (9X5X2 1/2).
- Spread some ketchup on the top.
- Put into a preheated 350 degree oven and cook for 1 hour.
- Serve with your sides.